Monday, August 21, 2017

Happenings in August - Ramen Champion + La-Roche Posay Event + Family Gathering

Wednesday 2/8/17

I met up with GF for dinner at Bugis+ where we have more catch up over the meal. We love such meet up because it allows us to have ample time for conversation, we always chat until we don't feel like parting.

As I have cravings for ramen, GF brought me to Ramen Champion for dinner. I guessed we were still early, we reached before 7pm. Crowds started to come in after 7pm and it was nearly full house.

Both of us ordered pork ramen from Buta God that comes with generous amount of sliced pork and runny egg. One mouthful could taste the goodness of the broth. Cravings satisfied.

Thanks GF for the birthday treat and always make an effort to organize a lunch or dinner date with me for my birthday every year, making me feel the birthday atmosphere all these years. The big sister I wish I had.

Friday 4/8/17

Today's lunch we traveled to Bugis, my second time here in a week. This time round, we went Platypus Kitchen that is tucked in the corner of Bugis.

Platypus Kitchen offers an extensive Asian-influenced flavors inspired menu and specialize in premium cast-iron grilled meats, gourmet rice & risotto bowls and ur unique signature pastas.

The lunch set comes with a beverage and choice of soup or salad. All of us opt for soup. 

My main course was Bacon Crumble Carbonara that was toppled with smoked egg creme and toasted bread crumbs. The pasta used was conchiglie. This set was priced at $11.90++.
A sumptuous meal to welcome the weekend.

Saturday 5/8/17

Weekend was spent at one of our regular hangout place, Marina Square .

After settling the stuff, we went to Mei Heong Yuen Dessert to have Green Tea Snow Ice. A place to rest our feet while having some cold treat.

Not feeling satisfied with the dessert, we went to Chic-a-boo to have their cheese fries. The amount of cheese they toppled on the fries was pathetic though.

Monday 7/8/17

To clear the Monday Blues, we 'grab' our way to Millenia Walk for lunch. We went to our regular place for lunch at Kith Cafe.

My pasta comes with a glass of ice tea.
This is one of the rare occasion a drink is offered when we ordered a main course. But it only limit to this particular pasta ordered. Other main course is not applicable.

Stir fried chicken pasta.
Though the presentation may not look good, it tasted all right and I cleared it all.

Wednesday 9/8/17

This week is a short work week for everyone because it's National Day week. This National Day, I spent the entire day at home doing my assignment, blogging and watching live telecast of National Day Parade. So sad, this year didn't win the ballot. I always don't have luck for actual parade. Never in my life have I watch the actual parade live.

From my house, I could see the helicopters carrying the National Flag flew past.
After watching the parade ceremony, I went back to continue with my assignments. That's how I spent my National Day.

Friday 11/8/17

I met up with GF for a quick dinner at KFC@Takashimaya Shopping Centre. Our favourite hangout spot for dinner if we have event at Takashimaya.

We met Linda at the event too. 
It's been a long while since the last 3 of us met up with each other. We stayed to chat a little after the event ended.

We bagged home with some of the products from La-Roche Posay which includes Thermal Spring Water and Anthelios Hydration Face Mist.

I was previously a user of La-Roche Posay's Thermal Spring Water too. This time round, La-Roche Posay has introduced their suncare range of products that is suitable for even the most sensitive of skin types like me.

I used the Thermal Spring Water to hydrate and calm my sensitive skin. It is effective in cooling my skin especially during hot weather.

Anthelios Hydration Face Mist contains SPF50+, ensuring optimal protection from UVB to long UVA rays and also contains antioxidant protection to counteract infrared rays and pollution. It's like a 2-in-1 product. A light texture that is quicker absorption and leave no sticky feeling.

Sunday 13/8/17

My parents wanted to visit baby Mia, my cousin's newborn daughter, so my family made our way to my cousin's place to see baby Mia.

Hello, baby Mia.
Baby Mia is only 2 weeks old. Aww, she is still so little.

Meet Petra, the very shy dog.
Petra was a bit scared of strangers, it took awhile for Petra to be comfortable and come close with you. I wonder what sad past did Petra encountered.

Gugu went down with my aunt and mum to tabao zi char back home for dinner. We have a sumptuous spread for dinner.

Allen and Karen tabao Chir Chir Korean Fried Chicken back to add on to our spread. They bought spicy and soy flavour. The price was on a steep side in our opinion as each box of chicken cost $30.

Allen also got me a cup of milk tea.

Latte and Petra.
The 2 dogs like to chase each other, so cute.

It was a nice gathering with my family and relatives, and also with the 2 dogs. Spending my weekend like this is great too.

Monday 21/8/17

Today's lunch was back at Tampopo, we have cravings for ramen and hence we were back to Liang Court. 

I have pork ramen.
Tampopo serves one of the nicest ramen that I ever have. I love the generous amount of meat in it and the flavoursome of the broth. It tasted heavenly delicious when combined both together. The money paid is also worth it, considering the amount of meat I ate.

More happening coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment