Saturday, April 8, 2017

Bangkok Day 2: Dusit Zoo + Terminal 21

Good morning day 2.

We woke up early at about 8am to get ourselves prepared for the day ahead. Yesterday was a shopping day so today will be a sight seeing day. I am someone who needs a balance of both shopping and sight seeing during my travel.

I'm done with preparation, feel so good after a night of good sleep. I was ready to begin my day.

We went to 7-Eleven that was 2 minutes walk away from our hotel to have our breakfast. Their cheese sausage sandwich was super nice that cost less than S$2. After making payment at the counter, you can request the staff to toast it for you. Such a simple yet delicious breakfast we have. We are going to have this for breakfast tomorrow too.

After our breakfast, we took the BTS down to Victory Monument Station and took a taxi down to Dusit Zoo.

Here we were at Dusit Zoo, the oldest zoo of Thailand.
Dusit Zoo is a fully-function animal park with facilities such as an animal hospital, zoo museum and educational centre, sightseeing train, activities ground and canteen. It houses some 1,600 domestic and international animals.

Entrance fee for foreign visitor is 150 baht for adult, after conversion will be S$6.12. The zoo admission fee is so much cheaper in overseas compared to our local one. For the price paid, I think Dusit Zoo is still worth coming for.

A windmill spotted upon entering the zoo.

Arriving at the goats corner, there are quite a number of them. 
They were coming close to us when we stood close to them because............

Bf got a milk bottle for them, a bottle costs 20 baht. 
We purchased a bottle to try out the experience of feeding the goat.

Away from the urban city feels so good without the office buildings in sight, it provides a relaxing escape from the hustle and bustle. 

The park featured an impressive lake that was tranquil with reflection of the scenery in the lake. We sat here for a short while to admire the scenery ahead of us.

Still don't feel like leaving.

The cage of Hippopotamus definitely looked very old. 

We visited the indoor enclosure for Monkey. The monkey were very hyperactive, they kept running and chasing each other.

No idea why, I felt the white lion looked kind of sad.

The dinosaurs were guarding the house of reptiles. 
We love the reptile house because the room was air-conditioned. Something we in need of after walking for so long in the outdoor.

Snake.

Crack! Crack! Crack!
The birth of a cute little girl. Lol.

This plot of land housed the zebras and giraffes. 
The land is big enough for the animals to roam around freely.

My OOTD:
Top from KSL
Shorts from Factorie

I love this sleeveless top that I got from KSL. It has a opening at the front that added a chic character to the usual sleeveless top. It is casual and yet fashionable to wear, enhancing the overall look. It is also comfortable to wear except that the material is a little thick for this hot weather. I love dressing casual when there is no important functions or events.

Elephant, the icon and also the official national animal of Thailand.

We also purchased tickets to catch the seal show at 50 baht each.
It was an eye-opener show that showcased the intelligence of the seal and catching the wildlife in action.

With the show performance ended, we left the zoo.

Dusit Zoo
IBT No.71,Rama 5 Road,Dusit 10300, Thailand
Operating hours: 8am to 6pm
Nearest BTS: Victory Monument Staton Exit 3 (Take a cab 5-10 minutes away)

***
 We took a cab back to Victory Monument and proceeded for our late lunch. We were so hungry and tired so we wanted to have our lunch at nearby eatery. We passed by Rest Note Cafe while walking along the street, the cafe looked pretty decent and has aircon, so we decided to try this out instead.

Time checked, 1.45pm.
Where is my food and drinks. I'm hungry!!

We ordered ice milk tea and ice milk green tea that comes in a unique shoe jug. The portion was so big that I couldn't finish drinking. I think the portion for 1 drink can be shared by both people.

The ice milk green tea tasted so good and flavourful, it eased my thirst after a whole morning out in the sun.

I have Pamee Pork Special for my main course. The price here was also very affordable, my plate of Pamee was only 119 baht. The noodles was savory good with generous ingredients in it, totally value for money. I was glad we found this place.

We have an omelette for sharing. 
Both of us really love omelette so much, it is a must order if this dish is inside the menu.

Everything tasted so good, especially when we both were very hungry.  We cleared every bite of it. This was the best meal I have so far in Bangkok.

Rest Note Cafe
5/11 Phayathai Rd, Khwaeng Thanon Phaya Thai, Khet Ratchathewi, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10400, Thailand
Operating hours: 7am to 9pm
Nearest BTS: Victory Monument (5 minutes walk)

We went to Terminal 21 next, a shopping mall next to Asok BTS.

Terminal 21 has a very interesting concept, every level has a different country theme that allows the shoppers to travel the world to several world-famous cities under one roof. It was as though I have stepped into different country departure terminal. Be sure to check out their toilet. too. I visited the toilet that was beautiful decorated as Fisherman’s Wharf in San Francisco. 

This fortune cat caught our attention.
Pls bless us with bargaining luck for our shopping in Bangkok.

We were walking around and I saw this big Rilakkuma that I want to bring home. It was super bulky and could possibly occupy my whole bed. 

So many cute decorations to take photo with.
Thanks bf for being my personal photographer and helping me to take many nice photos.

Terminal 21
88 Soi Sukhumvit 19, Khwaeng Khlong Toei Nuea, Khet Watthana, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10110, Thailand
Operating hours: 10am to 10pm
Nearest BTS: Asok (right outside the station)

We walked back to our hotel from Asok to have a short rest since the time was still early from our next activity. Feel so good to be back in hotel where we can sit down and rest with the strong aircon.

Ended my post with my loot of the day, I got this bagpack from the street stall at Victory Monument for 250 baht. Got this for my brother as he requested a bagpack.

That's all for now, stay tuned for my day 2 part 2 for our night activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment