Friday, March 10, 2017

Happenings in March - Jack's Place + Marina + DBS SPARKS Episode 6 + The Populus Cafe

Friday 3/3/17

Every Friday, it is always a must to travel out for a sumptuous lunch to welcome our weekend. This week, we decided to visit Jack's Place @ Great World City. A familiar place for my lunch kakis as we cab there frequently for lunch. 

One reason why we like coming to Jack's Place is because they offer daily lunch set at $13.80++ which includes a main course, wholemeal Garlic Bread, Soup of the Day, Day’s Dessert & Coffee / Tea.

Soup of the Day.

I have teriyaki  chicken as my main course. The chicken was tender and moist.

I always opt for tea since I'm not a coffee person.

Cake to round up our meal.
The cake was nice but the size was rather small.


Sunday 5/3/17

Bf was finally back after being away for a month. He got me many goodies during his long trip away and brought them to my place yesterday.

A glimpse of the goodies I received, I love snacking.

Got myself prepared and ready to head out for early dinner.

We went Kopitiam @ Marina Square for dinner. 
I have fried ebi don while bf had prawn noodle, we also ordered a plate of salted egg chicken for sharing.

The fried ebi was crispy good that I gobbled up all at once.

Knowing that I like dishes with salted egg, bf ordered the salted egg chicken to try out. This chicken really tasted good but eating too much of this made me feel greasy.

Feeling satisfied after the meal.
We love spending time together even though it is just a short moment.

Over looking the city, finding a place that I could fit in. I'm still trying to search for this place that I truly belong. I'm starting to get tired.


Monday 6/3/17

DBS Bank, a Singaporean multinational banking and financial services corporation that all of us are familiar with, has launched the industry first mini-series, DBS SPARKS.

SPARKS is inspired by true stories that evolves around a group of young bankers on their work and personal lives. They challenge the status quo to go above and beyond when solving unusual client challenges. 

You can watch the past episode here.

It did touched my heart and change my mindset. No matter what occupation we are in, we should always go beyond our core in understanding the client situation, helping them to achieve their dream and making them happen. Life is not about making income, it's about creating an impact in others.

We were treated to the preview of latest episode of the mini-series.

The event was held at DBS Asia X, located at Sandcrawler Building in Fusionopolis. The event was attended by entrepreneurs, media and bankers too.

What's watching drama without snacks?
DBS is so thoughtful, they have prepared these snack boxes for all of us.

Besides the preview of the latest episode, DBS has arranged the panelists seesion on Digital Disruption For Impact – Digital SMEs of the Future.

From left to right: 
1. Neil D’Souza - Founder of Zaya Learning Labs
2. Dr Alex Lin - Head of SGInnovate, DBS BusinessClass Advisor
3. Gillian Tee - Co-founder and CEO of Homage.
4. David Pong - Co-founder of WateROAM

The panelists have shared with us how their innovation came about, the challenges faced and how social enterprises help them.

Social enterprises are businesses that have a social mission at the core of what they do by offering innovative and scalable solutions to society's most pressing social issues. 

DBS Foundation provides holistic support to social enterprises to enable their success and help scale their social impact. In 2015 and 2016, the DBS Foundation awarded more than $2 million in grants to social enterprises across Asia. The winners in 2016 includes Homage and WateROAM. They really deserved the winning, you can feel the passion in them and the things they do are meaningful and make a significant difference in people's lives. They inspired me to become a better person, wanting to do more and give back to the society.

Don't be afraid to dream big, nothing is impossible. 
Believe in yourself and you will be able to succeed. 

Friday 10/3/17

Friday was here again, it was a long one for me because I have school until 10pm. Still, it didn't stopped me from enjoying my Friday.

Enjoying music while on a bus ride. 
Earpiece is a must carry item in my bag because whenever I am alone, I will take out the earpiece and listening to songs.

We took a cab down to The Populus Cafe for lunch located at 146 Neil Rd, which is near to Outram Part MRT station.

Populus is a gastro-cafe serving up contemporary progressive café nosh.

Placed your order at the counter and make your payment after you have decided on what to eat. The food will be served to you thereafter. With the ambience and surrounding, the price of the food here is on a steep side as compared to other cafes.

I ordered Roast Chicken Stew at $19++.
The roasted chicken leg was soaked in a light Thai inspired red curry and parmesan stew together with roasted chat potatoes, carrots, edamame beans, cherry tomatoes, lightly pickled cucumber, turkish bread and fresh lime.

The stew was rich in flavour and definitely not spicy at all. Do not scared by the colour of the stew. It was loaded with my ingredients in it. Surprisingly, I felt full after finishing the stew.

No comments:

Post a Comment