Thursday, August 3, 2017

Food Review: Barashi-Tei (Closed)

Nestled in a centralised location at Middle Road is a traditional Japanese restaurant, Barashi-Tei. 
The restaurant is just 10 minutes walk away from Rochor and Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station.

Barashi-Tei is known for their affordable and quality Japanese food served. 

Good news for the late night goers! 
Barashi-Tei is open till 2am from Monday to Saturday. So if you are around the area and looking for place to eat during late night, Barashi-Tei is a place you can consider coming to. 
If you are working around the area, you can drop by during lunch hour, Barashi-Tei offers lunch set ranging from the price $8.80 to $12.80.

The concept of the restaurant makes people feel at ease, a place that we can relax and continue chit chatting after meal.

I have a glass of hot Yuzu to go with the meal. It was a refreshing drink.

The first dish we have was Salmon Mentai Maki ($14.80).
I was taken aback by this dish, it gonna be the most flavoursome salmon mentai I ever had. It was full of fragrance upon the first bite. How I wish I could have the whole plate by myself. Salmon Mentai Maki is a must order.

Spicy Salmon Maki ($14.80) is yet another favourite of mine. Wrapped in the sushi was battered ebi tempura, I could feel the flavour exploding when I gobbled down the maki. Simply awesome. Their sushi is really of top notch, they tasted so delicious.

Wagyu Beef Don ($38.80) where the tender beef slices come with oozing soft cooked egg. We like it when the egg was burst and the egg yolk was spread together with the rice.

Ika Teriyaki ($16.80).
The grilled squid was toppled with teriyaki sauce that further enhanced the flavour, making the squid tasted yummy.

We were introduced to the 3 types of Chawanmushi available.

From top left to right: Uni Chawanmushi ($9.80), original Chawanmushi ($4.80) and Ikura Chawanmushi ($6.80).

I still prefer the original Chawanmushi out of the 3 selection as it has a lighter taste compared to the others. The Chawanmushi was soft and smooth, it literally melt in my mouth. We finished every bits of it.

Gyu Enoki Kushi ($3 per stick) for the beef lovers. A great combination of grilled mushroom and beef.

The Deep Fried Soft Shell Crab ($12.80) was very crunchy when bite. The batter fried soft shell crab was fried till perfection. I couldn't stop eating this too and it was wiped clean in a few minutes.

 Barashi-Tei is also known for their Chirashi Don ($26.80). We love the wide array of ingredient toppled on the rice bowl, especially the fresh sashimi and the salmon roe. Our mouth was instantly bursting into flavour with the salmon roe pop in it.

Another favourite of mine is definitely Foie Gras Sushi ($15.80 for 2 pieces). I am particular about the quality of the foie gras. I once ate a very awful foie gras and it totally ruined my impression of it. I decided to give foie gras sushi a try and I'm glad I make the right decision. The taste was heavenly delicious. It has a well balanced of savoury from the foie gras and sweetness from the teriyaki sauce. The foie gras was slightly charred but still taste flavourful.

We also tried Tamagoyaki ($5) and it was eggy good, recommended to eat it when served hot.

Last but not least, we ended our tasting with Gelato ($4.80 per scoop).

Here are the flavours available: 
Avocado, Black Sesame, Green Tea,  Mango, Yuzu and Pistachio.

Green tea  was my favourite. The first sip was a bit bitter but after a few sips, I started to taste the sweetness. The sweetness will come after the bitter. 

I have a great tasting session with the girls. Thanks Tracy for the group photo.
Every dish tasted so delicious, I definitely want to come back for the food again. 

Thanks for having us at  Barashi-Tei.

Barashi-Tei 
266 Middle Road, Elias Building 
Singapore 188991 

Opening hours: 
Monday - Saturday - 11am-3pm, 6pm-2am
Sunday - 11am-3pm, 6pm-10pm

No comments:

Post a Comment