Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Happenings in December - Food Hunt + Gym + Christmas + Marché Mövenpick

Monday 5/12/16

I was running a fever yesterday evening so I kept drinking water throughout the night, hoping to bring down my temperature. By this morning, my fever has subsided. So I went to work and took half day leave to come back rest.

Bf came over and brought me to the doctor in the evening. He also got me and my family some herbal drinks and a thermometer. Felt so loved.
I need speedy recovery so that I can go out and enjoy eating the food I like.

Thursday 8/12/16

It's been a long time since I last went to Lau Pa Sat for their food, I think the last visit I went was 5 years ago. So I decided to revisit the hawker centre again. We have our dinner at Yong Kee BBQ Seafood stall. Here's our selection:

Hot plate tofu.

We ordered one spicy and non-spicy Stingray. The spiciness was just nice, not too overpowering.
Feeling full after dinner, we then have a walk to Clarke Quay and settled ourselves down at Shuffle Bistro Bar for a drink.

While we were drinking, there was live band performance so we just sit back, relax and enjoy the music.

Friday 16/12/16

We have our lunch at Hooters, one of my favourite dining place in Clarke Quay. Though Clarke Quay is known for their party place at night, it is also a great place to chill out in the day along the riverside.

I love dining at Hooters during the day because they have a valuable lunch set that cost less than $15 after GST and service charge.

I missed their buffalo wings and curly fries. I opt for the spicy flavour. Their buffalo wings were deep fried till crispy good and coated with the spice coating. Super shiok when consumed.

Our dinner was settled at 328 Katong Laksa at Queensway Shopping Centre. It's been more than 7 years since I last have their laksa.

Katong laksa.
The broth was flavourful. What we love about Katong Laksa is definitely their broth which has a well balance of ingredients creating a marvelous taste. Katong Laksa comes in short strands of thick bee hoon that doesn't require us to use a pair of chopstick. It was a simple and delicious dinner.


Saturday 17/12/16

Went to The Cathay to catch Rogue One A Star Wars Story with V whom I haven't see for quite awhile. Rogue One tells the stories before the events of Star Wars, hence you do not need to watch the previous Star Wars movies in order to understand this. Rogue One is a standalone movie.

Donnie Yen played the role as a blind warrior Chirrut Îmwe. We all know that Donnie Yen is famous for his martial-arts-fighting skills. You can expect some fanciful stunts from him. He is also a funny dude in this movie, I still remember some of his signature and funny lines.

"I'm one with the Force. The Force is with me."
This memorable phase has blessed him throughout, creating miracle.

We ended our outing with dinner at Coco Ichibanya.

Sunday 18/12/16

Journey to the west.
Woke up early on Sunday morning to meet KP for workout at Jurong West Sports Centre. Finally after talking for so long, I made a step out to begin exercising.

I felt so refreshing to be here in the morning.
Ready to begin my workout.

Endless road machine.
I helps to burn calories and give full-body cardio workout.

We spent 1.5 hours here before calling it a day. Headed over to KP's house next for freshened up before heading to Jurong Point for shopping. After I was done with shopping, we went for snacks eating at Woo Ricebox located in B1. They are famous for their ricebox and Taiwan snacks. We ordered 2 snacks to share among us.

Fried sweet potato.
I love the sweetness of the sweet potato.

Popcorn chicken that was fried until very crispy. 
I'm a popcorn chicken lover.

Thursday 22/12/16

With more than half of December gone, it means end of year is drawing near and festive seasons are approaching. It is a month to reward ourselves for a year of hard work and indulge ourselves in all the feast.

Headed to Watami Japanese Casual Restaurant for lunch at City Square Mall.

I have chicken cutlet with scrambled egg sauce set. The lunch set also comes with a complimentary drink and I chose ice milk tea which had a dead fly in it.

All set for Christmas party.

Sparkling drinks for sharing.

Tarts and ham from Delifrance.
I always love the tarts from Delifrance, especially the savoury ones like egg mago and seafood.

What is Christmas without log cake?
We have not one, but two log cakes.

We have an early Christmas celebration, another one awaiting me this coming Saturday. 

Friday 23/12/16

Friday is here again, so happy because long weekend is coming. To kickstart our long weekend with a good mood, we went Liang Court for a hearty lunch. We chanced upon Butahage and decided to give it a try.

At Butahage, they only offered one main course which is Butadon (Grilled Pork Rice Bowl). This is a traditional cuisine from Hokkaido.

The secret deliciousness lies in their sauce that is produced in Hokkaido.
Each bowl only has 4 pieces of pork which is a bit little in my opinion.

Tuesday 27/12/16

Finally this week has arrived, our last week before 2016 ended. Everyone is already in holiday mood.

We have our lunch at Din Tai Fung. Thankfully the queue wasn't that long when we were there. The queue is always so long whether I past by Din Tai Fung.

Gina ordered Xiao Long Bao and fried wanton to share among the 3 of us.
Thanks G for the snack treat.

Wednesday 28/12/16

December is the period where we all will be clearing our remaining leave before the new calendar year starts. Took half day leave today for a movie date at VivoCity. I want to watch the movie, Sing. We have our lunch at Seah Im food centre before the movie.

Since the timing was still early, we took a stroll by the sea.
I always love coming to Vivo because Sentosa is just a bridge away. We will always stroll to Sentosa when coming here and laze around.

This movie tells a story in the animal world where koala bear, Buster Moon, took over his father's theatre and the business has not been doing well. He decided to hold a singing competition at his theatre and got his assistant, Ms. Crawley, to print out the flyers for the competition with $1,000 as reward. Ms. Crawley has accidentally key the reward as $100,000 and printed the ads out and the flyers blew the whole town with lots of turnout for audition.

I love this movie, many familiar pop songs and amazing vocal from the trailer is what that attracted me to watch this movie. It's hilarious and suitable for family to watch too. It has a meaningful storyline of believing in yourself and follow your dream, even if it means standing up alone. Family support is important in giving you the strength to pursue your dream.

After the movie, we went Marché Mövenpick for our dinner. 
This was my second time at Marche and my favourite was their rosti. I'm going to order it again.

I have rosti with sausage and sour cream. 
The rosti came with a tinge of crispy bite. Together with the sausage, every bite tasted flavoursome, leaving me wanting for more. I have this by myself and it was filling.

Since the time was still early after dinner, we went over to Palawan Beach for a stroll and spent some time chilling out. It was a great day out and I enjoyed myself very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment