Saturday, January 28, 2017

Chinese New Year Eve + River Hongbao 2017

This year, Chinese New Year Eve falls on a Friday. It was a half day at work for the working adult. It was a busy day for my family too because my mum will be busy in the kitchen preparing for hosting today's dinner with my extended family.

Since the time was still early, bf and I went for a walk to spend quality time together at Sentosa.

There was a showcase of drums at Imbiah Station. It immediately sparked my interest and I went straight for it to play the lion dance drum beat. Not really a pro, but know a bit here and there.

At the foot of Merlion.
Here is a very nice place for photo taking, nice scenery and backdrop.

Causal wear out. I wore a lightweight top that was perfect for a day out in the sun.

With love.

Our relationship is definitely not love at first sight. It is through the endless communication that we got to understand each other better and form the chemistry. Being someone who don't find myself attractive and afraid of getting hurt, you give me the courage to love and accept this relationship.

Hate that we don't have a longer time to explore the area, my mum wanted me to be home at 6pm for dinner with my extended family. Time to bid goodbye and go home. 

Look at our delicious dinner spread for 15 of us.

Play time with Amber after dinner. 
She is turning 1 year old this year.

At about 9pm, we went over to floating platform for River Hongbao, a fun-filled extravaganza of lights, sights, sounds to celebrate this festival. River Hongbao is open to public and admission is free.

Went exploring around, looking at the displays.

财神爷, may you bless that 2017 will be a prosperous year for us. Huat ah!

I have my favourite twister potato with chili powder that I gotten at the outdoor Food Street. I never have it for so long, miss it so much.

Since there was still an hour of buffer time before the clock strike 12 and fireworks to welcome Chinese New Year, we went to our favourite hangout place to chill, sitting there and enjoying every cozy moment.

We found a good spot for fireworks just 5 minutes before 12.
Happy Chinese New Year.

The night was too young to return home early. We lingered around to enjoy the peace of the night for another hour in case the train station was packed with people heading home after the fireworks. I love public holiday with train hour extension. We don't need to worry about returning home late.

No comments:

Post a Comment