Saturday, January 30, 2016

Happenings in January - All About Food and Gathering

Saturday 9/1/16

KFC Lord of the Wings is back, who will rule this time round?

The defending champion Korean inspired Yang Yeum Chicken Wings has meet its new challenger - Japanese-inspired Shoyuzu wings. Have you try both to determine which is your favourite?

I have tried both flavour and I have a hard time deciding which is my favourite. Both flavours are equally nice.

Yang Yeum chicken wings tasted perfect for me. It has the combination of sweet and spicy sauce coated on the chicken. My appetite was immediately spice up with the first bite and tantalised my taste buds, make me craving for more.

Shoyuzu wings, coated with a citrusy soy sauce tasted sweet and savoury. The taste was unique and I fall in love with the sweetness of the flavour.

I vote for Yang Yeum chicken wings, I still prefer the hot and spicy flavour. 
Which is your favourite?

Monday 18/1/16

Kicked off the start of the week with Mookata (Thai BBQ steamboat) session with the lovely clique. A month has passed so fast, our last meetup was during Christmas. We were so looking forward to our makan session. This gathering was to celebrate GF's birthday and Terence's farewell. Terence is going to Australia for his school exchange programme for half a year.

We went for Kin Tub Thai Steamboat located at Peace Centre, We ordered 2 platters to share among 8 of us.

We requested to sit outdoor for better air ventilation. We don't want our hair to have BBQ smell at the end of the session.

We ended our mookata session with mandatory group photo before we proceed to Rochor Original Beancurd for dessert.

Thursday 28/1/16

Every year during Chinese New Year period, my lunch group, it is a tradition for us to treat ourselves to a good lunch and welcome Chinese New Year. 

We had Shabu Shabu for our lunch.
Shabu Shabu features Japanese hot-pot in an ambience that combines modernity and minimalist simplicity. We enjoyed a hearty and wholesome meal of premium quality produce and ingredients.

The standard set is 2 plates of meat, but we went for the set that offers free flow of meat which cost $3 more.
In the end, we think it is not very worth it for us before we are not happy eater. 2 plates are more than enough for us. Next time we shall stick to the standard set.


Saturday 30/1/16

Before we began our shopping trail, KP and I have a fulfilling lunch at Wong Kok Char Chan Teng @ Bugis Junction. I have not been to this Hong Kong cafe for a long time. We always like to order appetizer for sharing instead of a main course so that we can enjoy more variety of food. 

A photo of me with my ice milk tea, fries and french toast.
Oh yes, I got my step tracker from Health Promotion Board last weekend and I wore it out everytime I go out now. So cool, it helped to track the number of steps I took everyday. It motivated me to walk more to accumulate the steps and points.

The peanut butter french toast makes us really full, I think next time I can just order the french toast for a meal. Don't need to order anything else.

Fried dumpling. 

We ordered the banana split and asked them to serve after our meal.
We were really full after eating the french toast so thought of cancelling the banana split but they don't allow. So we braced ourselves and finished up the dessert. The ice-cream was nice though, I like the yam flavour.

That's all for update, January is really a month for food and gathering.
Just started school term, so I will be busy with projects and classes again. I will try to find time to blog again soon.
Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment