Monday, April 27, 2015

Happenings in April - Food Diary + OISHI Green Tea

Wednesday 1/4/15

April was really a month of eating good food for me. March and April was a stressful month for me, so we pampered ourselves with a month of good food while working hard.

My first time trying out Ambush, a fast casual dining restaurant for European cuisine.

I have tomato soup. It was filled with veggie and chunk of tomatoes. Delicious and flavourful.

Chicken schnitzel, fried chicken breast.
I don't fancy this dish because the meat was really hard and dry.

**

OISHI!

 F&N Foods has recently introduced a new product to the Singapore market: OISHI Green Tea.

OISHI Green Tea are made from 100% organic green tea leaves and the freshest top three leaves of each branch with no added preservatives and artificial colourings, offering consumers the authentic taste of Japanese green tea brewed to perfection. This makes it different from what is currently available in the market. The brand is all geared up to set a new benchmark and a powerful new wave, with a whole new range of Ready-to-Drink green tea products.

Japanese green tea has captivated the taste buds of the world with its pleasing taste and soothing aroma.

OISHI Japanese green tea has come up with 2 alluring flavours, OISHI Green Tea Original and OISHI Green Tea with Genmai

The benefits of Japanese green tea are helping us stay healthy as the potent antioxidant content helps to detoxify the body from free-radical damages.

The great taste of OISHI Green Tea Original has a tinge of pleasant vegetal and jasmine note. It delivers the authentic and fragrant taste of 100% organic green tea with the convenience of just a twist of the cap.

OISHI Green Tea with Genmai used roasted Japanese brown rice to enhance the flavour and also to increase levels of nutrients such as γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA). This rice used in Japanese cuisine, has been gaining popularity as a health food because it is considered more nutritious than white rice. 

Out of the 2 flavours, OISHI Green Tea with Genmai is my favourite because it has a pleasant fragrance and it gives a sweet tasting. OISHI Green Tea with Genmai completes a meal and is the ultimate refreshing beverage, especially on a hot, balmy day.

OISHI Green Tea Original and OISHI Green Tea with Genmai are now available at major supermarkets and hypermarkets.
380ml PET bottles (S$1.00)
1.5L PET bottles (S$2.05)

Thank you F&N Foods for the drinks.

Friday 3/4/15

Hooray, it's Good Friday. I decided to hang out at Bugis, a place where I haven't been there for a long time. Remember when I was younger, Bugis used to be my favourite hangout place where I will be there at least once a month. I love going to Bugis street to stock up my cheap buy. 

Met up with Linda for catching up. Didn't have time for much catch up with her during CNY dinner so we took the opportunity during this holiday.

Linda also introduced me to a new Japanese restaurant, Kotsujiru Nabe @ Bugis Junction.
We have miso dumpling soup for our lunch.

Thursday 9/4/15

Headed down to Great World City for lunch @ Kenny Rogers Roasters. One reason why we love to have our lunch at restaurants during weekdays is because of the attractive lunch promotion set. which is not available at night or weekend.

So one main course is accompanied with 2 side dishes. I have cheesy macaroni and mushroom soup as my side dishes. The cheesy macaroni is too cheesy to my liking. I made the wrong selection, my choices are either cheesy or creamy. It was really a sinful one. I think I will go for salad the next round.

Friday 10/4/15

Went to meet Grace for lunch at HarbourFront Centre. Decided to treat her to lunch for her post birthday celebration. I asked her to choose a place she like and she chosen Han's cafe. Thanks gal for helping me to save money. Both of us have Dory fish set. Despite just meeting last week, we still have so much thing to chat about.

Wednesday 15/4/15

Have our meal at Jack's Place. I have half spring chicken with sambal sauce. Initially I was thinking, Jack's Place is a western dining, matching sambal sauce seems so Chinese style. But when I first dip the chicken into the sauce, I was sold out. It was a perfect matching.

A cup of tea to go after the meal. 

Friday 24/4/15

Found a hidden gem in Everton Park. Just below the blocks of HDB flats, there are quite a number of cafes located at Everton Park.

We decided to check out Cozy Corner Coffee, a small coffee house situated at Blk 4 of Everton Park. It was a quiet place, being the only big group in the cafes, we were the nosiest. You could practically hear our voices and laughter.

They served all day breakfast. 
I ordered this breakfast at $11.80 with scrambled egg, mushroom, veggie, 2 sliced of bread and black pepper chicken.

Compared to the cafes, I find that the pricing was affordable and cheaper. It was delicious and filling.

Monday 27/4/15

My team lead treated us to a hearty lunch at Swensen's to reward us for a year of hard work. They are so nice right.

I decided to go for Teriyaki Chicken Pasta because it has a healthier choice symbol on the menu.
It was served with grilled chicken thigh smothered in teriyaki sauce served with spaghetti and vegetable-of-the-day.

Rodeo wings. Golden Fried chicken wings tossed with BBQ sauce and topped with crushed black pepper.

The Rock ice-cream to end off our lunch. 
The Rock has 3 signature ice cream flavors - Hazelnut, Cookies 'N' Cream and Rocky Road garnished with marshmallow sauce, hot caramel, cocoa pops and wafers. Wow, it was really delicious. I love the hazelnut and cookies 'N' cream ice-cream.

Thanks Helen, Gina and Ivy for the treat.

Well, this pretty much sum up my food diary for the month of April. 

P.S. Sorry, I haven't been updating my blog regularly. I have been busy with preparation for my exam, I have rejected quite a few events as well. Pls bear with me during these period, I will be back to blogging after my exam.

No comments:

Post a Comment