Friday, November 22, 2013

A short getaway to Universal Studios Singapore (USS)

Finally the day is here. Time to unwind ourselves from our neverending work and have lots of fun.

After a quick McDonald brunch, we made our way down to Universal Studios Singapore (USS) @ Resort World Sentosa. 

After hearing so many views of others on USS, I was tempted to visit USS and experience it myself. Although I have been to USS previously (One during Hollywood after hour and one during event where I only played Transformer and Lights, Camera, Actions!), I had never truly experience all the stuffs inside it. So after much planning, we decided to head down to USS during one of the Fridays.

Prior to going, we had been discussing about it all day long, like which rides should we go first, what should be the last and etc. Super excited for it.

There are a total of 7 zones in USS, I am determined to visit all 7 of them. Join me in the thrilling world of movie magic that brings the silver screen to life..

1. Hollywood

Upon entering Hollywood, we spotted Kung Fu Panda in front of the popcorn store. We immediately grabbed him for a photo.

We stepped onto Hollywood Boulevard framed by dynamic architecture, palm trees and the famous Walk of Fame, I felt like we had landed in the center of the entertainment universe.

Over at the left was Universal Studios Store which offers the largest variety of Universal Studios themed collectibles, toys and apparel.

At the Lake Hollywood. If you are here on Saturday, be sure to stay on for the firework.

2. New York

Strolling along the sidewalks of America's biggest and grandest city. I was immersing in the impressive city skylines. It seems like I had stepped into another world.

I had been to Lights, Camera, Action! when I came to USS previously. We decided to skip on this and proceeded for some other rides that we were here for.

3. Sci-Fi City

Arriving at the city of the future where we will experience the ultimate intergalactic battle of Good vs. Evil and visit a vibrant metropolis with all the ultimate modern conveniences.

We had our first ride:
TRANSFORMERS The Ride: The Ultimate 3D Battle.

Credits to RWSentosa.

We were lucky, the waiting time was 15 minutes for this.

We were all up for the hyper-realistic 3D thrill ride where we race through the city, zipping through subway tunnels, down city streets and across high-rise rooftops, hanging on for dear life. I was seated in the first row of the car and image went so close to me. It was super fun and we were spinning round and round.


The 2 roller coaster, Battlestar Galactica: HUMAN and Battlestar Galactica: CYLON, were closed for maintenance. No chance of sitting it.

Paused for a photo-taking. During this trip, I did not take many photos because I was busy playing all the rides.

4. Ancient Egypt

We were transported to 1930’s Egypt, the Golden Age of Egyptian Exploration where we were surrounded by ancient pyramids. 

Thanks Guo Hai for the group photo. We were about to explore the Pharaohs tombs where their terrible curses unleashed.

Say cheese for another photo. 
Look at all our happy face, life cannot get any better than this moment.

Time for our second ride:

Credits to RWSentosa.

Revenge of the Mummy.
Be warned, this is a high speed indoor roller coaster.

This reminded me of the movie: The Mummy Returns.
We started off by with a slow motion ride where we get to admire the surrounding army of warrior mummies, fireballs and swarms of scarab beetles. When the door opened, there was a force that pulled us back and zoomed into the 90 degree fall where the high speed roller coaster began.

To me, the scariest part was not the part where we were being pull back but the part where we zoomed down. It was mind blowing. The speed was hell fast then expected and I was screaming away during this part. And the best part was it was darkness inside, I could not see the route. All I could see was myself slanting one side. But nevertheless, it was still an awesome ride.

Did I spot a hippopotamus in the water below?

 5. The Lost World

Credits to RWSentosa.

We boarded the Canopy Flyer to enjoy a prehistoric bird’s eye view of Jurassic Park. We queued 50 minutes for a less than one minute ride. I took off my shoes when boarding the dino-proof flying vehicle, my shoes were a little loose so I scared it flew off half way.

I was seated back facing and I was caught off guard by the speed. I didn't expect it to be fast.

The Lost World was divided into two themed areas: Jurassic Park and WaterWorld. This zone housed two blockbuster movies where fans can experience a dense tropical forest where dinosaurs lurk, then watch death defying stunts filled with thrills and spills!

After the Canopy Flyer, the time was just right for WaterWorld.

We were here for the sensational live water show that was based on the blockbuster film, "Waterworld". By the time we reached, it was already packed with people. Hence, we got ourselves seated at the splash zone. There were soak zone, splash zone and dry zone.

Me and Taiyee took a photo before the start of the show.

We witnessed a tidal wave of death-defying stunts, along with thrills and spills from real explosions of fire and water at the show.

I was caught off guard when the speed boat headed to my direction and the tidal wave of water splashed on us. Yucks, the water tasted salty. Taiyee and I were totally wet, we looked as if we get out from shower. It's not a wise idea to sit at the splash zone if you don't intend to get wet.

A plane came crashed into the water. Luckily it was not towards my direction.

Since we were already wet, might as well go for Jurassic Park Rapids Adventure next.

We did not get a poncho as we decided to try our luck. Boon Teck told us that out of 9, only 3 will get wet. So we wanna see who are the unlucky 3. By the time when it was our turn, my hair was already 75% dry.

Featuring a white water raft system with state-of-the-art animatronics and a thrilling white water drop, we were tossed on waterways within the Jurassic Park compound, where prehistoric creatures roam free.

When we passed through the cave and took the lift up, all of us were really excited and prayed that we are not the one that is near the door. The guys were facing the direction down, they should get most of the splash on them. But me and Taiyee got splashed again on our face and we literally get wet again. Why we so suay sia?

But this was really fun, it's full of anticipation.

We dried ourselves up and proceed to leave The Lost World.

6. Far Far Away

Yeah, we were about to reach the fairytale castle.

I got enchanted to the castle, it was so lovely. When I was young, I love reading fairytales storybooks and I always wanted to come experience the lifestyles of the rich and fairy-taled. And now my wish came true (:

Beautiful castle that I wish I could live in it.

After a series of exciting rides, we went for Shrek 4-D Adventure where we joined Princess Fiona, Shrek and Donkey on a honeymoon adventure that complete with jumps, bumps, bounces, air blasts and water spray that bring the action to life. We could see, hear, and actually FEEL the action right from our seat! We were still a little wet, we felt icy cold when we sat on the seat. Chillllllll................

We also took the Enchanted Airways roller coaster. We aboard Donkey’s beloved Dragon for a flight over Far Far Away and beyond. Again, when the roller coaster zoomed down, it got my adrenaline rushing and I let out a scream at that moment. In the end when I came down, I got teased by Boon Teck on that -_- 
So bad right?

Last photo at Far Far Away with Marcus, your truly, Boon Teck, Taiyee and Nick.

7. Madagascar

I like to move it, move it.
We were at the last zone, Madagascar, a dense tropical jungle filled with strange and wonderful animals like lemurs and foosas.

Over at here, we took Madagascar: A Crate Adventure and embark on an unforgettable river ride adventure with Alex, Marty, Melman and Gloria, the four heroes from DreamWorks Animation’s blockbuster movie Madagascar.

A pretty leisure ride where we enjoyed all the sight seeing.

Headed back to New York Street for my last ride when I parted with my friends - Sesame Street Spaghetti Space Chase.

Meet all your favourite Sesame Street characters and embark on the space mission. Quite a kiddy ride.

I really had a great time spent at USS, it was an unforgettable experience for me. The rides were really good and I feel like sitting them again. I wish to go back again for more rides and more photo taking. This short getaway was totally awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment