Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happenings in January - Leo's Farewell Night + JB Trip + Hi-Tea Buffet at Zhou Kitchen

Friday 04/01/13

Just 3 days before Leo's departure, we received a note from him knowing that he will be leaving Singapore to pursue his dream in Korea and it could potentially be permanent if everything works out for him. I felt happy and sad upon hearing the news. Happy because he leave to make his dream come true and sad because we will definitely miss his companion.


On a Friday night, a group of us attended Leo's farewell chill out at Alley Bar.
It was a tiring day for me, I was feeling shagged after building sandcastle for the whole afternoon.

Our drinks.

Farewell Leo. I know you can do it.

Dreams will come true if you have the courage to pursue it.


Sunday 06/01/13

Woke up early in the morning on a Sunday to meet up with a group of friends to Johor Bahru, Malaysia. This was our so-called first overseas trip together. As we were quite a big group, it was rather hard to plan for overseas trip together. Thus, the seven decided to go for a day trip to our neighbouring country, JB Malaysia.

It was nearly time for lunch after our stuffs which includes changing money and buying movie tickets. We settled our lunch at a eatery near KSL City Mall.

I loved the fried dumpling, it's crispy good.

The wanton feast.

Despite having our bowl of wanton, we ordered another big bowl of wanton to share. I think I have phobia of wanton for the next few days. 

The very spicy wanton mee.

We were craving for dessert after having the spicy wanton mee.
We visited Blackball dessert at KSL City Mall.

This is a must try, the Blackball Signature.
The BlackBall Signature combines grass jelly ice, yam ball, taro Q, red bean, pearl and the signature grass jelly into a bowl of sensational dessert, leaving us asking for more!

Our only group photo together.
Time to tuck in.

We caught the movie "The Last Tycoon" after that. The movie is worth the watch but be prepared for a sad ending.

We saw many familiar restaurants in KSL that are also present in Singapore such as Nando's, The Manhattan Fish Market and Kim Gary. Therefore, we decided to have our dinner at a restaurant that is not available in Singapore - Kinashi.

We ordered soft-shell crab for sharing.

My pork cutlet curry rice.

I got myself 2 dresses and snacks for my family. I haven't got the time to finish walking the mall, I think I need to re-visit KSL again.


Sunday 13/01/13

I had a cosy Sunday afternoon spent with my girlfriends. GF invited Jas and I to her house for girls gathering. Knowing that we were coming, GF woke up early and prepared home-cooked food.

Here's what we had for lunch:
Scallops Porridge with slices of Crab Meat, Steamed Egg Tofu with Fish Paste, beans and Preserved Olive Vegetables. We had a healthy lunch with no fried food.

Meeting Coco for the very first time. Awww, she is so cute and obedient.

To reward her for being a good girl, we gave her some treats. 
"Hand hand then got treats."

See? Obedient right?

Credits Jas for the photo. 

The night before, I prepared agar agar too. I brought them over to GF's house for dessert.

After helping Jas to dye her hair, we headed over to City Square Mall for more CNY shopping. Yeah, I got a pair of shoe for the brand new year.


Saturday 19/01/13

I was out on a rainy Saturday for GF's advance birthday celebration together with Jasmine, Linda and Terence. We went on a hi-tea buffet at Zhou Kitchen which is located at Far East Square.
It's quite price affordable, you can go try it. It is about $20+ per person and the ordering began from 3 to 5pm.

Here's what we had:

We had corn soup as our appetizer to kickstart our hi-tea. It was tasty and delicious.

Crispy Fried Silver Fish with Salt Pepper.
The sweet and sour fish is nice.

Deep-fried Guo Tie with Wasabi-mayo and Chicken Floss.

I think if the wasabi changed to mayonnaise, it will be great.

We also ordered a different variety of dim sum - Siew Mai, Har Gaw and dumpling.

Sweet and Sour Pork.
I loved the crispiness an crunchiness of the pork. Together with the sweet and sour sauce, it spiced up our appetite.

Thai Style Tofu.

We had a good time during the hi-tea and a great catch up session. I hope GF had a wonderful day out with us and happy birthday to you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment