Sunday, July 15, 2012

Emirates Singapore Dereby 2012 at Singapore Turf Club

I'm back to Singapore Turf Club again after 8 months. See my first visit here.

Felt so good to be back to this familiar place again. For those who have not been to Singapore Turf Club, let me fill you some background information:

The Singapore Racecourse at Kranji was officially opened by Singapore former President SR Nathan in 2000. Races are held on the most Friday nights and Sunday afternoon. There are currently 26 licensed trainers and a good mix of Singapore / Malaysian jockeys and visiting jockeys operating at the Singapore Racecourse.

***

Thanks Singapore Turf Club for the invitation to Fly Emirates, I attended yet another eye-opener event.

The much anticipated horse-racing event, The Emirates Singapore Derby is back to celebrate its 17 years of  running at Singapore Racecourse @ Kranji on 15 July 2012.

The long-established partnership between Emirates and Singapore Turf Club has made the Singapore Derby into one of the most coveted races in this region. Emirates is one of the world's growing airlines and also the sponsor of the $1.15 million Emirates Singapore Dereby.

Making our way to the Marquee, a glamourous place where the guests can look forward to a sumptuous buffet spread and a great view for breathtaking racing action.

GF and I were excited for the event.

The Emirates Singapore Derby is a premier event where we can enjoy both heart-stopping action on the track and high fashion off the track. Over the years, the Dereby has become synonymous with fashionistas dressed in their Sunday's best.

Enjoying the fine food and good wine in the afternoon of glitz and glamour.

I loved mushroom soup. Thumb up!

Everyone of us was given a bottle of red dates bird's nest drink. Gonna give it to my mum (:

Time for betting, I need to refresh my memory on how to place the bet.

We went for place and win for our first round.

PLAY RESPONSIBLY!

Remember to play within your means. Set yourself a budget and stick to it and stop playing if you exceed that limit.

Smile for Charity!

We had our photo taken with the hats displayed at the photo booth. So many beautiful hats to choose from, let's see what we pick.

We took many shots because Singapore Turf Club will donate $1 with every photo taken with the hats. All proceeds will go to the Singapore Community Chest.

With the lovely clique companions. Thanks William for the group photo.

Thanks GF for the picture.
Everyone know where I can get the soft copy of the photo?
Didn't manage to keep any of the photo -_-

I think I looked good in hat. Anyone want to sponsor me a hat???
*Hint! Hint!*

With the man in black,Terence.

With William in his cowboy looking outfit.

Getting ready for our second betting. We lose the money in the first round -_-

GF and I choosing the winning horse.

We also received a hand-made bow brooch compliment from Singapore Turf Club.

The bow brooch is so lovely. Now with that, I can used it to pin onto my dull and boring black cardigan.

The Emirates Singapore Dereby is now one of the most popular social events on the calendar. 

Funds-raising remains an important element of the Emirates Singapore Dereby. This year, Emirates hopes to raise at least $100,000 to benefit four voluntary welfare orgainsations under the umbrella of the Community Chest of Singapore.

Headed to the outdoor to get a clear view of the horse race. Marquee is located next to the race track and boasts an unparalleled experience of the magnificent power and energy of the race horses as they approach the finishing line.

See how the horses galloped ~

Cheering for our horse - GO Totality!

Wow, the race was amazing. Fast and Furious ~

I'm so outstanding among them. The pink among the black!

I cherished the time we are together. Though we just met up yesterday night, we will never get sick meeting up with each other. 

While waiting for the next race, we proceed to next location to view the race.

We went to Level 4 Committee Level Corporate Box which are only reserved for members of the Committee and also for the invited guests.
The view from Grandstand was great. I can enjoyed an unobstructed view of the racetrack or catch the action on the LCD TV screens installed in each box. Not only that, betting booths are located in close proximity for your convenience.

Nothing beats being an V.I.P.

Just in time for the race. We did not bet for this round, we needed time to brainstorm and select our horse carefully.

Wow, see the number of racegoers at the Grandstand. We noticed one very common trend of the racegoers - 99% of them were all male!!!!

We gonna bet for the Emirates Race.


William and GF were having their discussion. Let them make the decision.

While the guys went to place our bets, the girls grabbed the opportunity to camwhore.

Canwhoring is our hobby.

Place our bet. Please let us win!!!!

The screen showed the position of the horse racing. Go! Go! Go!

Arghh, We won one but lost the others. Still lost in the end. See the disappointed face!!

With Andrew at the Grandstand.

We were going for our last round bet. Finally I called the shot where it's my turn to make decision and choose wisely the horse. With the 10 bucks that we won from last round, I used it to bet for the last race - horse 9 and 14. 

This time round, we went to Level 1 to view the race. 

Didn't capture any photo for this race because I was too engrossed cheering for my horses. I was like 9! 9! 9! 9! 9! 9!

You must be wondering why did I cheer for horse 9 and not 14 since I bet for two?

That's because horse 14 was one of the hot horses and the wins split was so little.  1 : 1.2 whereas horse 9 was a dark horse.The wins split was 1 : 5.

So who should I cheer for?

Horse 9!

And horse 8 came in first!!
Horse 9 - Second.
Horse 14 - Third.

Wooooo, both my horses were in the top 3 position. I won!!!! I managed to recover my loss and bring the damage to the minimum. In the end, I lost only $1. Not so heart pain. Seems like my luck was pretty good that day, I had been trying to pick up the tips here and there, and learnt the technique.

Next time you all know who to bring to Turf Club next time right???

Lol.

***


Before I end the post. I want to thank Singapore Turf Club for the invitation. It is always so fun to be here and experienced all these wonderful excitement about horse racing. Thanks for creating great memories for me  ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment