Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Happenings in May - YouTube Stars Concert + Dinner + Steamboat + Watami + Song Fa Bak Kut Teh

5/5/12 Saturday

This week I am blessed with lots of concert. After a kpop night yesterday, today I attended yet another concert.

It's YouTube Stars Concert which was held at The Coliseum, Hard Rock Hotel, Resorts World Sentosa.

For the very first time, 6 talented international YouTube's stars will be featured on stage and brings you 3 hours of great music. They are David Choi (USA), Tiffany Alvord (USA), Joseph Vincent (Philippines), Jason Chen (USA), Ana Free (UK) and our very own Clo (Singapore).

Singaporean duo Sam and Yifan started off with the opening.

Heard so many familiar songs that night and most of them are favourite songs of mine: Nothing on You, Price Tag, Rolling in the deep, Tong Hua and etc.

It's Tiffany Alvord from the US. The whole crowds at The Coliseum screamed at the sight of her.

Tiffany brought the atmosphere to the highest point with the songs - What Makes You Beautiful and Glad You Came.

Enjoying the music with GF under the hot atmosphere.

Why did I emphasize on the word hot because the place is not air-conditional and the place was full of enthusiasm from the fans.

Huh, what are Terence and Hong Wei looking at?

Ahhh, shooting star!! Quick, make a wish.

We had a great Saturday night at YouTube Stars Concert. It was a night of great music.

6/5/12 - Advance Mother's Day dinner

It's Mother's Day next week? How will you be celebrating with your mothers?

For me, I decided to have an advance mother's day dinner with my family to avoid the crowds. We settled our dinner at Por Kee Eating House, a restaurant specializing in Zi Char.

If you are looking for high end zi char, Por Kee Eating House is the place to consider.

We ordered Cereal Prawns, one of their signature dishes.
I loved the cereal, it tastes heavenly good with just rice. Mmmmm..

Besides that, we also ordered pork ribs. Didn't post the picture up because the pork ribs were black like charcoal. Lol.

Sambal Kang Kong.

The veggie tastes all right, not a big wow for me.

Seafood Toufu.

Don't belittle this pot of seafood toufu. It costs me $42!!!! So expensive -_- I only eat the toufu and prawns so my family had to take care of the others.

It cost me $110 for the dinner. As long as my mum is happy and my family enjoy the dinner, my treat is worth it ♥

10/5/12 - Lunch at Jack's Place

Random post on one of my lunch at Great World City. This was my second time patronizing at that outlet. Jack's Place is a nice place to dine at and the environment makes me feel cosy.

Ordered a set meal - Grilled Fillet of Fish with Spicy Black Beans Sauce.

The grilled fillet is delicious, tender and succulent. I liked it ♥

The apple pie is gonna be my favourite. It's delectable and impossible to resist.

Ohhh, I'm craving for more now. Any more nice dessert to recommend?
Bring them all up.

Sidetrack a bit, here are some of the products I having been using. Realised that I have not been dong beauty review for awhile. I shall use this weekend to review some of these products - Midnight Recovery Concentrate, Toner, Lip Balm, makeup remover, moisturizer, hair sebum and masks. As seen from the picture, you will know that I'm a huge fan of Kiehl's. Their products are really awesome!


28/5/12 Monday

It's been quite some times since my last gathering with the usuals as everyone of us are busy with our own commitments. But no matter how busy we are, we will still find time for each other. This is why I love them so much.

This time round, we call upon a Steamboat session.

Recommended by GF, we had our dinner gathering at Zhong Hua Steamboat(中华火锅,拉面) located at Beach Road.

Check out our Sichuan Mala and Chicken Soup. 
Lets dig in to the wide spread of food - Golden Needles Mushrooms, hotdog, seaweed chicken, tofu and etc.

I have a soft spot for fried food. The fried chicken and dumplings were tempting me!!!

We were so full towards the end and we couldn't finished our Guo Tie (fried dumpling). So we decided to play game and the loser will have to eat the fried dumpling.

The game we played was called Zhong Ji Mi Ma - 終極密碼
So unfair, during my turn, I had to eat 2 when I lost -_- Still having phobia for it.

Nevertheless, it was still an enjoyable dinner gathering with the usuals. Lets have second round of gathering soon.

So coincidence, we bumped into Mint on our way back home.
Our shirt colour looked so matching too.

30/5/12 - Wednesday

During lunch time, I had my lunch at Watami together with my colleagues. My second visit to the Japanese Restaurant. It is a comfortable dining area that is suitable for all ages.

I ordered Hire Katsu Tamago Toji Teishoku Set.

Very chim Japanese right. To simplified, it means pork fillet cutlet with scrambled egg.  

One thing I dislike about this dish is that we have to cook the egg ourselves with the stove. Why can't they just prepared all the food in the kitchen?

Argh, I cooked until so ugly. It looked so different from the menu picture -_-

All right, mango pudding to cool myself down. Yummy and sweet, love it ♥

I had Song Fa Bak Kut Teh in the evening.

Bak Ku Teh is a dish that is popularly served in Singapore. The name literally translates as "meat bone tea". It consists of meaty pork ribs in a complex broth of herbs and spices boiled together with pork bones for hours.

We loved drinking the tasty soup that we kept asking for refill.

Never fail to order youtiao (fried dough) when having Bak Kut Teh. I loved dipping the fried dough into the soup.

I will need to cut down on my diet starting from the following week. I want my slim body back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment